If you are a manager of staff whose work is not computer-based, please print this email and display it in a common work area for them to review.
To: Faculty and staff in Vancouver and the Okanagan
Welcome back for the start of the 2017/18 academic year. I hope you all had a chance to enjoy the summer.
Today, UBC is welcoming thousands of new and returning students to our campuses, learning and research sites. As we embrace the energy and excitement that comes with this, I would like to take an opportunity to reflect on UBC’s recent developments — as well as look ahead to the future.
I have posted a letter to the UBC community which includes:
- Welcoming our students, new faculty and staff
- An update on UBC’s Strategic Plan process
- Updates on UBC’s global connections, research and innovation
- Our commitment to UBC being a safe and inclusive community
- Campus construction and sustainability updates
- Celebrating our alumni
You can read the letter at http://president.ubc.ca/letter-to-the-community/2017/09/05/looking-ahead-to-2017-18/
Whatever role you play at UBC, I would like to thank you for your continued dedication. I look forward to working with you in the coming year.
Professor Santa J. Ono,
President and Vice-Chancellor