If you are a manager of staff whose work is not computer-based, please print this email and display it in a common work area for them to review.
To: Faculty and staff in Vancouver and the Okanagan
I am writing to inform you that UBC has embarked on a global search for a new Vice-President, Development and Alumni Engagement.
The Vice-President, Development and Alumni Engagement will report to the President and provide strategic leadership to the Development and Alumni Engagement (DAE) portfolio. This position also supports the university in accomplishing the vision, commitments, goals, and actions as set out in the emerging Strategic Plan: Shaping UBC’s Next Century.
The Vice-President, DAE provides oversight of a complex portfolio focused on increasing alumni engagement and fundraising to support academic, research and capital priorities for our university.
In accordance with UBC Policy #34, I have established a committee to support the search process and prepare a recommendation of a suitable candidate for this position. The committee consists of:
- Santa Ono, President and Vice-Chancellor (Chair)
- Lindsay Gordon, Chancellor, Board of Governors
- Sandra Cawley, Board of Governors
- Barbara Meens Thistle, Vice-President, Human Resources
- Gage Averill, Dean, Faculty of Arts
- David Jefferess, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Sue Grayston, Faculty of Forestry
- Alan Ehrenholz, undergraduate student
- Shahd Shaker, undergraduate student
- Hillary Gosselin, Development and Alumni Engagement
- Jeff Todd, Development and Alumni Engagement
- Adrienne Nolan, Development and Alumni Engagement
- Debbie Woo, Development and Alumni Engagement
A member of the President’s Office staff will act as non-voting secretary to the committee. To assist the search committee in their efforts, we would appreciate input from interested faculty, staff, students and alumni on the following questions:
- What do you see as some of the key opportunities and challenges ahead of the Development and Alumni Engagement portfolio in the coming years?
- What experience and personal qualities would you want an ideal candidate to bring to this role?
- Any other comments that might be useful to the committee?
- Any suggestions of potential candidates for this role?
To share your views, please email your comments by February 23rd to our search consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be kept confidential.
Professor Santa J. Ono
President and Vice-Chancellor