If you are a manager of staff whose work is not computer-based, please print this email and display it in a common work area for them to review.
To: Faculty and staff in Vancouver and the Okanagan
I wish to announce that UBC has embarked on a global search for a suitable candidate for the position of Vice-President, Finance and Operations.
The Vice-President, Finance and Operations reports to the President and provides strategic leadership to the Finance and Operations portfolio – to accomplish the vision, commitments, goals, and actions of the university’s emerging Strategic Plan: Shaping UBC’s Next Century.
Responsibilities for this role include oversight of the university budget, treasury and operations on both Vancouver and Okanagan campuses, as well as overseeing the relationship with related entities such as the UBC Investment Management Trust and UBC Properties Trust.
In accordance with UBC Policy #34, I have established a committee to support this search process and recommend a suitable candidate for the position. The committee consists of:
- Santa Ono, President and Vice-Chancellor (Chair)
- Michael Korenberg, Board of Governors
- Nancy McKenzie, Board of Governors
- Andrew Szeri, Provost and Vice-President, Academic
- Robert Helsley, Dean, Sauder School of Business
- Susan Forwell, Faculty of Medicine
- Ramon Lawrence, Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Max Holmes, undergraduate student
- Mohamed Azzam, undergraduate student
- Ian Burgess, Comptroller
- Jennifer Burns, Associate Vice-President, Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Rob Einarson, Associate Vice-President, Finance and Operations
- Jennifer Sanguinetti, Managing Director, Infrastructure Development
A member of the President’s Office staff will act as non-voting secretary to the committee.
To assist the search committee in their efforts, we would appreciate input from interested faculty, staff and students on the following questions:
- What do you see as some of the key opportunities and challenges ahead of the Vice-President, Finance and Operations in the coming years?
- What experience and personal qualities would you want an ideal candidate to bring to the role?
- Any other comments that might be useful to the committee?
- Any suggestions of potential candidates for this role?
To share your views, please email your comments by February 23rd to our search consultants at email@example.com. All responses will be kept confidential.
Professor Santa J. Ono
President and Vice-Chancellor