If you are a manager of staff whose work is not computer-based, please print this email and display it in a common work area for them to review.
To: Staff in Vancouver
I am delighted to announce the launch of the Staff Rent-Geared-to-Income pilot program.
This pilot program will be phased in over 2-3 years to provide rental housing on campus for up to 100 lower income staff households. Rent will be geared to 30% of household income, rather than a set percentage discount from market rates.
Program highlights include:
- 50 spaces approved this year;
- 1 to 3 bedroom units available, depending on number of children in the household;
- Selection will be by lottery for the first round pilot assignments and then by waitlist;
- Subject to eligibility, applicants may remain in the program up to 10 years;
- Be full-time staff in good standing on the Vancouver campus with 1 year or more of work experience at UBC (or term employees with 3 or more years of continuous service);
- Fall under maximum gross household income and asset thresholds.
For further information and application details please visit: http://www.hr.ubc.ca/housing-relocation/housing/rental/rgi/. Enquiries may be directed to: email@example.com.
The deadline for this year’s applications is March 22, 2018.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Board of Governors for their support in this matter. I believe that launching this program will deliver important and tangible improvements for many valued staff members at UBC.
Professor Santa J. Ono
President and Vice-Chancellor