If you are a manager of staff whose work is not computer-based, please print this email and display it in a common work area for them to review.
At UBC, we have systems in place to support your safety and security. One of them is UBC Alert, the university’s mass notification system to send alerts to the community in urgent situations that pose an immediate safety or security risk, so that you can make informed decisions that prioritize your personal safety.
As part of our regular testing program, UBC Alert will be sending out a test notification to students, faculty and staff via a phone call and text message, as follows:
- UBC Okanagan: Thursday, May 13
- UBC Vancouver: Friday, May 14
The test will also run on our campus-wide digital signage systems.
As the test notification will be sent to your mobile number on record, it is important to take these few steps to update your contact information.
- Log in to the UBC Student Service Centre.
- Click on ‘Contact Summary’.
- Check that you are registered for UBC Alert and have included your mobile number.
Faculty and staff
- Log in to Workday.
- Go to your profile and click on ‘Contact’.
- Check that you have included your mobile number in your contact information.
If you follow these steps but don’t receive the test notification via a phone call or text message, please do the following:
- Students: Go to the UBC Student Service Centre and click on ‘Technical support’ under ‘Need help?’.
- Faculty and staff: Submit a ticket to the Integrated Service Centre.
As part of our commitment to prioritize your safety and security, I urge you to complete these steps before the test is run on your campus and ensure your contact information is up to date, so that you are registered to receive alerts in the event of an emergency.
For more information on UBC Alert, please visit:
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
Vice-President, Finance & Operations
This message was sent to faculty, staff and students in Vancouver and the Okanagan.
UBC Broadcast is used to communicate time sensitive, organization-wide information to faculty, staff and students. Learn more